Good buns from the ground up
Our buns are Certified Organic — so every ingredient is traceable to where is was grown, in healthy soils that sequester carbon from the atmosphere. They're free from chemical fertilisers, weedicides and pesticides.
With a focus on purity and provenance, they're made from 98% Australian ingredients including:
- Organic Heritage White Wheat Flour, Capella QLD
- Biodynamic Stoneground Wholewheat Flour, Powlett Hill VIC
- Organic Sultanas, Murray River Region VIC
- Organic Currants, Murray River Region VIC
- Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Grampians VIC
No added sugar, no industrial yeast
No industrial yeast here, or in any of our breads. Our buns are risen only with the leaven we’ve nurtured since 1981, when ZBS founders John and Jan were making sourdough loaves for their cafe Wholefoods Kitchen in Geelong. No added sugar either. Their natural sweetness comes from well grown Organic and Biodynamic dried fruits, bakery roasted Ayurvedic grade spices and fresh citrus pulp.