The entire unit ensembled measures 20.5m in diameter and 26 cm in height. Each seed tray is 6 cm in height.
1. Soaking/Rinsing - Due to the unique irrigation system developed for the bioSnacky Mini Greenhouse seeds do not require soaking prior to sowing. Rinse lid, seed trays, water tray and desired seeds thoroughly under cold running water.
2. Sowing - Place the required amount of seeds (Refer to the seed table below for details) on each seed tray with a tablespoon Do not exceed the recommended amounts or the growth of you seeds will be affected. When sowing very small seeds (alfalfa, fenugreek) place a piece of damp fleece paper in the seed tray first. Fleece paper is not required for large seeds (mung bean, lentil, wheat).
You can either germinate seeds in just one tray or in several trays simultaneously. In order to be able to harvest a fresh crop of shoots every day we recommend staggered sowing of seeds.
3. Watering - First water - Place the entire unit include the lid under running lukewarm water. Fill the top seed tray with water. As a result of the way the bioSnacky Mini Greenhouse has been designed, each seed tray will automatically be watered one after the other. Any surplus water will be collected in the water tray. Empty the water tray as soon as the water has drained through the Sprouter. This surplus water is ideal for use on indoor plants. As each tray empties check that the seeds are evenly spread in the tray.
Subsequent Watering - Each seed type has different watering requirements. Refer to the seed table below for details. The enclosed table can only provide a guide to watering, if necessary these guidelines can be altered to adapt to current situation in your Mini Greenhouse. Please water with great care before the seeds have put out roots. Ensure seeds that have not yet germinated are thoroughly rinsed. (Refer to the seed table below for details).
4. Placement - Place your closed Mini Greenhouse in a well lit spot not in direct sunlight at room temperature (18-22C).
5. Growing - Once seeds have germinated, the bottom of each seed tray needs only to be damp. Seeds should not lie in water. Empty the water tray as soon as the water has drained through the Sprouter. After the seeds have developed a significant filmy coating they need only be sprayed (misted) with fresh water.
Depending on the seeds watering requirements the water tray can either be kept empty or half full of fresh water. However this water MUST be changed every day.
6. Harvesting - Your live shoots and sprouts are ready for harvesting within 2-5 days; herbage plants - like wheatgrass - will be ready in 6-8 days (Refer to the seed table below for details).
After harvesting, clean your Mini Greenhouse thoroughly with a mixture of water and vinegar and allow to dry naturally. The entire unit is dishwasher safe - top shelf only (up to 85C).
Contents - 1 mini-greenhouse including 1 lid, 3 cultivation trays, 1 surplus water tray, 15 Vlies, Instructions for use